W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org > May 2013

Re: Proposed new language on conformance - to address WCAG WG concerns

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 11:00:05 -0500
Cc: "'Andrea Snow-Weaver'" <asnowweaver@gmail.com>, "'Peter Korn'" <peter.korn@oracle.com>, <public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org>
Message-Id: <DB0540B5-4BAB-48D7-A0C0-2219AE9DED8C@trace.wisc.edu>
To: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
since we are broadening their understanding (and not changing it) - yes  I think we can do that.

we can't make up new comments that cover both.  but I think we can broaden their statements to say they would apply to ours too..

Make sense?    Andi?  Peter?  work for you?


Gregg
--------------------------------------------------------
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
Professor Industrial & Systems Engineering
and Biomedical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison
Technical Director - Cloud4all Project - http://Cloud4all.info
Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International - http://Raisingthefloor.org
and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project -  http://GPII.net

On May 8, 2013, at 8:57 AM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi Gregg in general I liked the changes. I thought about using “technology” instead of “non-web technology,” but thought if I did that it would include all technology including “web technology”.
>  
> Is that Ok?
>  
> Cheers
> David MacDonald
>  
> CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
>   Adapting the web to all users
>             Including those with disabilities
> www.Can-Adapt.com
>  
> From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gv@trace.wisc.edu] 
> Sent: May-08-13 12:34 AM
> To: Andrea Snow-Weaver
> Cc: David MacDonald; Peter Korn; public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
> Subject: Re: Proposed new language on conformance - to address WCAG WG concerns
>  
> thanks Dave,
>  
> took a shot at finishing what you started.
> take a look and see if it works for you
>  
>  
> Gregg
> --------------------------------------------------------
> Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
> Director Trace R&D Center
> Professor Industrial & Systems Engineering
> and Biomedical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison
> Technical Director - Cloud4all Project - http://Cloud4all.info
> Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International - http://Raisingthefloor.org 
> and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project -  http://GPII.net
>  
> On May 7, 2013, at 10:02 PM, Andrea Snow-Weaver <asnowweaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> 
> Thanks David for putting forth this proposal. Since there hasn't been any list discussion and you won't be at Friday's meeting, I think it is premature to put this on a survey. Will you be able to be at the meeting on the 17th?
>  
> Andi
>  
> 
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hi All
>  
> I’ve taken a shot at accessibility-supported... quite the challenge...
>  
> https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/cross-cutting-issues-and-notes/accessibility-supported-glossary
>  
> http://tinyurl.com/c5xopp4
>  
> Cheers
> David MacDonald
>  
> CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
>   Adapting the web to all users
>             Including those with disabilities
> www.Can-Adapt.com
>  
> From: Peter Korn [mailto:peter.korn@oracle.com] 
> Sent: May-07-13 4:14 PM
> To: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org Force
> Subject: Re: Proposed new language on conformance - to address WCAG WG concerns
>  
> Hi gang,
> 
> I just finished working with Gregg on further tightening of the language.  Please see Proposal #4 at https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/c---conformance-all
> 
> 
> Peter
> 
> On 5/6/2013 11:37 AM, Peter Korn wrote:
> Hi gang,
> 
> As I reported in our meeting last Friday, WCAG WG rejected our proposed language addressing conformance.  I took the action from WCAG WG to work up new language, which can be found at: https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/c---conformance-all
> 
> Please review & comment; compared to the TF's agreed text from 19Apr13, in my edits new text is in [bracketed blue], while deleted text is strike through red.
> 
> 
> Peter
> -- 
> <image001.gif>
> Peter Korn | Accessibility Principal
> Phone: +1 650 5069522 
> 500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood City, CA 94064 
> <image002.gif>Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment
>  
> -- 
> <image001.gif>
> Peter Korn | Accessibility Principal
> Phone: +1 650 5069522 
> 500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood City, CA 94065 
> <image002.gif>Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment
>  


Received on Wednesday, 8 May 2013 16:00:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:56:23 UTC