From: Peter Korn [mailto:peter.korn@oracle.com]
Sent: 10 July 2013 20:29
To: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
Subject: A stray mention of "conformance" in SC 4.1.1

Hi gang,

Staring at our latest draft, I noticed a stray reference to "conformance" in 4.1.1 Parsing<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wcag2ict/#ensure-compat-parses>.  The reference is in our first Note:

Note: Markup is not always available to assistive technologies or to user selectable user agents such as browsers.  Software sometimes uses markup languages internally for persistence of the software user interface, in ways where the markup is never available to assistive technology (either directly or through a document object model (DOM)), or to a user agent (such as a browser). In such cases, conformance to this provision would have no impact on accessibility as it can have for web content where it is exposed.

I am NOT suggesting we try to fix this before publication tomorrow.  But for our FINAL draft, I think we can simply delete "conformance to" from that sentence, so the last sentence would read: " In such cases, this provision would have no impact on accessibility as it can have for web content where it is exposed."

Thoughts?

Peter
--
[cid:image001.gif@01CE7DC7.4BFF75C0]<http://www.oracle.com>