Re: Definition of Documents -- OOPS - error fixed -- use this email to comment

Gregg,

I disagree with your claim below.  Our existing definition text (with
/*emphasis added*/) is:

    "assembly ofcontent
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/wcag2ict/#wcag2ict-def_content>, such as a
    file, set of files, or streamed media /*that is not part of software
    and that does not include its own user agent*/"

Note 3 /*only */provides further details about types of content that are
part of software, namely "software configuration and storage files such
as databases and virus definitions, as well as computer instruction
files such as source code, batch/script files, and firmware", which the
Note simply observes "are examples of files that function as part of
software <http://www.w3.org/TR/wcag2ict/#wcag2ict-def_software>and thus
are not examples of documents".

Seems to me we have plenty enough to hang Note 3 on.

Peter

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>