RE: Another WCAG2ICT document comment - filed on the deadline date

Dear Mike & WCAG2ICT Task Force,

RE: "Might one solution be to have such a summary as part of a Web page that is independent of the WCAG2ICT document and that acts as a homepage which provides a link to the document."

There is precedent for having such a page, and I strongly support it (at this point -- I could be talked out of it :).

For example, we have "Overview" pages for most WAI specs and Notes:
* for IndieUI: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/indieui.php>, for WAI-ARIA: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria>
* for the guidelines: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag>, <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/atag>, <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/uaag>
* <http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/overlap> for the Note <http://www.w3.org/TR/mwbp-wcag/>
* <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wai-age-literature> for the Note <http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-age-literature/>
* <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/captcha> for the Note <http://www.w3.org/TR/turingtest/>

Some points for consideration:
* Ideally an Overview page is available when documents are first announced. We previously did not to do such an Overview page for WCAG2ICT; however, we can still do one before the next announcement.
* WAI Overview pages are usually drafted by WAI staff and reviewed by the WG responsible for the main document and EOWG. The Overview pages do not require a public review period before posting, and thus a WCAG2ICT Overview page could be a "separate exercise that can be undertaken in parallel to the process of agreeing and publishing the WCAG2ICT draft" -- and hopefully completed before announcing the final WCAG2ICT Note.

I (as WAI Outreach Coordinator) and EOWG can help develop a WCAG2ICT Overview page, although given the sensitivities of this topic, the WCAG2ICT Task Force will need to be involved in the core wording.

Regards,
~Shawn

-------