From: Peter Korn [mailto:peter.korn@oracle.com]
Sent: September-10-12 5:16 PM
To: Gregg Vanderheiden
Cc: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: examples of sets of documents

Hi Gregg,

I'm afraid I don't see how these example documents meet 2.4.5 Multiple Ways
- either using Proposal #9 at
https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/2-operable/24-provide-ways-to-he
lp-users-navigate-find-content-and-determine-where-they-are/245-multiple-way
s or frankly just as web pages using WCAG 2.0.

In the Muse Test Suite example, the filenames are "MUSE_DTF4.1p_V07.pdf" and
"MUSE_DTF4.2p_V05.pdf" (or perhaps "6BED1d01.pdf" and "57013d01.pdf" as that
is what they get as temporary filenames when passed to my copy of Adobe
Reader).  Neither of these are "Test Suite, Part 1: Test Objectives" or
"Test Suite, Part 2: Test Methods" - so internal references to those
filenames don't exist (so I don't see how that would be "one of the multiple
ways").  This same situation arises with the Audacity example - the
filesystem filenames don't match the document filenames ("Super-Fast Guide
to Audio Editing" vs. "Audacity_Guide.pdf"   and "Editing Audio with
Audacity (Part 2)" vs. "EditingAudioPart2.pdf").

Also, proposal #9 lacks the NOTE at the end of proposal #8, but even
following that NOTE, since not all documents in both examples contain links
to the other, the only "way" of the necessary at least 2 ways that I find is
"searching the documents' contents").

So... while I think these are good examples of a "set of documents" - at
least for purposes of our discussion - I don't see them as examples of
documents that pass our contemplated tests for 2.4.5 (let alone passing WCAG
2.4.5 when viewing them as web pages).

Peter