From: Gregg Vanderheiden [gv@trace.wisc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:09 PM
To: Peter Korn
Cc: Hoffman, Allen; Andrew Kirkpatrick; David MacDonald; public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: Interaction Context

The WCAG WG just passed the following resolution

RESOLUTION: add the note... NOTE: With the exception of one success criterion (1.4.4 - that specifically mentions that the effect specified by the success criterion must be achieved without relying on an assistive technology) authors can meet the success criteria with content that assumes use of an assistive technology (or access features in use agents) by the user, where such assistive technologies (or access features in user agents) exist and are available to the user.
  Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering