RE: SCOPE element

Thanks John

Thanks for the correction about SCOPE, up its an attribute for TH and TR.
Sorry.

I think colgroup and colspan are two different things. Colgroup is an
element colspan is an attribute.

Table cells can span across more than one column or row. The attributes
COLSPAN ("how many across") and ROWSPAN ("how many down") indicate how many
columns or rows a cell should take up.

COLGROUP is an element that defines groups of table columns. With this
element, you can group columns for formatting. This element is only valid
inside the <table> tag. But it’s purpose is not really to be used with the
SCOPE.

JAWS 7.1 and 9 might support COLGROUP but are you sure they support COLSPAN.
I ask you about that because Shailesh said COLSPAN is not supported.

Like I say. This is a hairy and confusing beast.

Cheers

David MacDonald

access empowers people...

        ...barriers disable them...