Re: Proposals for issues 1082

At 17:52 14/08/2006, Becky Gibson wrote:

>Most of the Team C issues seem to be on hold but I went ahead and made
>proposals for a few of them.  Please review the following proposals:
>
>1082 [1]
>1088 [2]  this one could use some additional word-smithing

If the timeout is controlled by a script on the page and script is not
in the baseline, SC 4.2.2 kicks in (SC 2.2.1 is also level 1), which does
not require that the timeout meets SC 2.2.1.
So does situation A apply at all if script is not part of the baseline?

>1117 [3]

"combo box" -> "menu"? (Isn't a combo box a combination of a menu and
an input? Menu is the term used in the HTML spec:
www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/interact/forms.html#menu.)

>The following changes are related and need further discussion as they are
>controversial.  I made a proposal but would like feedback from the group:
>1170 [4]
>1196 [5]

If you remove the second bullet, I think it is no longer required that
"actions are checked for input errors *before* going on to the next step
in the process"; according to SC 2.5.2, it is also OK to provide suggestions
at the end of the process, even if the process consists of several steps.

Regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe