Re: Suggestions on Team A homework

Hi Alex,

On 31/01/06, Li, Alex <alex.li@sap.com> wrote:
> 3.2.1 Common Failures-Failure due to opening a new window as soon as a new
> page is loaded.
> Does this somehow suggest that techniques that are supposed to open multiple
> windows would fail L1 if they open these windows sequentially?  I don't
> think the failure should be triggered by page load.

Personally, I think that's a failure.

> Failure due to opening a pop-up when a user enters text into an input field
> - Please leave room for DOS or UNIX command prompt type functionalities.  In
> other words, the return or enter key may trigger a change of context at
> least under some circumstances for good reasons.

When a user presses return or enter in a text input box (not
textarea), the expected behaviour would be to submit the form.
Pressing return or enter shouldn't be considered as entering text, so
should allow for your DOS or UNIX style behaviour.

> Failure due to using meta refresh - We should either specify that such
> update don't always constitute a change of context because only part of the
> content is refreshed (stock price, wind speed, for example) or, better yet,
> have a separate page to help people understand what constitute as change of
> context.

Meta refresh refreshes the whole page, not part of it.

Best regards,

--
Supplement your vitamins