Re: Framework Doc - Accuracy Benchmarking

Hi Alistair,

I don't disagree that the benchmark will be complicated. I don't think it
can be done without comparing to manually tested pages. Which will require
us to get access to manually test data. Gathering all that data ourselves
would be pretty impractical, But there are a lot of organisations that have
this data. So I'd say that our best bet would be to see who is able to
share their accessibility data, so that we can build off of that.

As for your suggestion to have test suites. I expect this will be part of
the requirement for a rule. I want to clearly distinguish between *testing
the rule* itself, which is what the benchmark is for, and *testing the
implementation of the rule*, which is what a test suite would be for.

Thoughts?

Wilco

--
*Wilco Fiers* - Senior Accessibility Engineer