Antw: Re: Antw: 'Text Customisation' and 'Easy to Read'

Hi Simon,

actually I think it should be only one symposium on e2r INCLUDING aspects like AT and PA for text illustration ...

Klaus

>>> Simon Harper <simon.harper@manchester.ac.uk> 29.05.12 10.03 Uhr >>>
Thanks for this Klaus and Shawn.

WRT the new text:

Related topics may be addressed in additional symposia, such as
easy-to-read (E2R) language; assistive technologies and personal
assistance for text illustration and enrichment (e.g., text annotation
with symbols, pictures, and multimedia content; audio display and
information design); and text conversion and machine translation.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Topic_3_pre-call

My view is that this is not very concrete - E2R is the only symposium we
have agreed - I wonder if we should not just say that Easy to Read will
be our next topic (and ref it), leaving the rest as we have no plans to
create symposia in our first charter period (otherwise it seems a little
misleading with people waiting for symposia that may not materialise).

Cheers

Si.

PS I check my email at 08:00 and 17:00 GMT. If you require a faster response please include the word 'fast' in the subject line.

Simon Harper
http://simon.harper.name/about/card/

University of Manchester (UK)
Web Ergonomics Lab - Information Management Group
http://wel.cs.manchester.ac.uk