Re: suggestion for "Copyright Policy" section

Hi all,

Am 23.02.2012 09:46, schrieb Shadi Abou-Zahra:
> Hi Josh,
>
> On 23.2.2012 09:40, Joshue O Connor wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm a little confused about what the issue is. Quality seems to be a
>> part of it but also it seems to be how we present the papers that we do
>> accept? I agree with Simon that if we accept a paper, we accept a paper.
>> So it should be a full citizen, and referenced in the normal manner.
>>
>> This is an incentive for people to submit.
>
> I don't think publication is being challenged. I think we all agree
> that all accepted papers will be published as part of the proceedings
> (in a referencable form and with a permanent URI).
>
> The question is if we then also need to always include these same
> papers as appendices to the consolidated WG Note.

I agree with Shadi, usually papers are published in the proceedings of a
conference, any publications beyond that try to select the most
interesting and promising papers/aspects of the conference to achieve
deeper impact. In this sense I would present it as -  all papers
accepted are published in the proceedings and the best papers will be
presented in the notes-!

Best regards,

Yehya

Dr. Yehya Mohamad

mailto:mohamad@fit.fraunhofer.de http://www.fit.fraunhofer.de/

Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik (FIT.UCC)
[Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.UCC)]
Schloss Birlinghoven, D53757 Sankt Augustin (Germany)
Tel: +49-2241-142846 Fax: +49-02241-1442846
http://imergo.com