From: Detlev Fischer
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:04 AM
To: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org ; shadi@w3.org
Cc: e.velleman@accessibility.nl
Subject: Re: [updated] Editor Draft of WCAG-EM for publication as Working
Draft

Hi all,

I just looked at the score section in the latest WCAG EM draft
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/ED-methodology-20140129#score1

In the section listing steps to construct an aggregated score per website,
there is the following instruction which may confuse users:

   4. Mark the remaining WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria as not present in any web
page or web page state in the sample selected in Step 3: Select a
Representative Sample

"Remaining" could mean: SC outside the defined conformance target (these
have been excluded already in list point 1) or SC without matching content
on the page (but I thought WCAG WG was adamant that these be treated as
"pass" so they would fall under list point 3 (SC satisfied).  If the website
score would excude n.a. SC, it would be skewed - given the exact same
violations, score results for a site with few bells and whistles would turn
out worse than for a site where more SC do apply. Actually, this may be the
intended outcome, but I fond it clearer and less prone to confusion to take
*ALL* SC on a given conformance level and divide by the number of fails.

We might then need a remark that all SC where testers note N.A. are in fact
recorded as passes for the purpose of score calculaton.

Detlev

--
Detlev Fischer
testkreis c/o feld.wald.wiese

Mobil +49 (0)1577 170 73 84
Tel +49 (0)40 439 10 68-3
Fax +49 (0)40 439 10 68-5

http://www.testkreis.de
Beratung, Tests und Schulungen für barrierefreie Websites

Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb am 30.01.2014 09:49:

> Dear Eval TF,
>
> The Editor Draft of 29 January 2014 of the Website Accessibility
> Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) includes all agreed changes
> (for your reference and preview):
>  - http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/methodology/
>
> As agreed, this will now be published as an updated Working Draft.
>
> Best,
>   Shadi
>
> --
> Shadi Abou-Zahra - http://www.w3.org/People/shadi/
> Activity Lead, W3C/WAI International Program Office
> Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group (ERT WG)
> Research and Development Working Group (RDWG)

Richard Warren
Technical Manager
Website Auditing Limited (Userite)
http://www.website-accessibility.com