Re: [updated] Editor Draft of WCAG-EM for publication as Working Draft

Hi all,

I just looked at the score section in the latest WCAG EM draft
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/ED-methodology-20140129#score1

In the section listing steps to construct an aggregated score per website, there is the following instruction which may confuse users:

   4. Mark the remaining WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria as not present in any web page or web page state in the sample selected in Step 3: Select a Representative Sample

"Remaining" could mean: SC outside the defined conformance target (these have been excluded already in list point 1) or SC without matching content on the page (but I thought WCAG WG was adamant that these be treated as "pass" so they would fall under list point 3 (SC satisfied).  If the website score would excude n.a. SC, it would be skewed - given the exact same violations, score results for a site with few bells and whistles would turn out worse than for a site where more SC do apply. Actually, this may be the intended outcome, but I fond it clearer and less prone to confusion to take *ALL* SC on a given conformance level and divide by the number of fails.

We might then need a remark that all SC where testers note N.A. are in fact recorded as passes for the purpose of score calculaton.

Detlev

--
Detlev Fischer
testkreis c/o feld.wald.wiese

Mobil +49 (0)1577 170 73 84
Tel +49 (0)40 439 10 68-3
Fax +49 (0)40 439 10 68-5

http://www.testkreis.de
Beratung, Tests und Schulungen für barrierefreie Websites