WCAG-EM: Sampling Sizes

Hi all

I thought I'd start off this discussion about the sampling sizes.

We talked about whether we should have a 'minimum' sample size.  This is a
bit tricky for the wording because sometimes the whole website is the sample
if its small and it might only be 5 static pages.  Therefore if we say a
minimum of 10 pages, this website couldn't be evaluated under WCAG-EM.

We might like to say a minimum of 10 pages unless the whole website is the
sample in which case there would be no minimum.

Sometimes we find that we're being able to do a discrete section of a
website - such as the sample of the university library part of the whole
university website.  In some cases this might be quite small, again making
having a minimum of 10 pages might be a problem.

Most of the time I find we need to do a minimum of 20 page in order to
capture the items in the methodology - preferably 25.  Some organisations
want every page (if they have lots of money), but most want to get the
smallest page sample they can but still get the bases covered.  I agree that
we need to make it clear that a single page could have many features - be
part of a template, part of a complete process, have forms, images, and even
multimedia examples.  You don't necessarily need each of these on 1 page
each - that needs to be re-worded IMHO.

Look forward to discussing this with the group.

Regards,

Vivienne Conway, B.IT (Hons), MACS CT, AALIA(CS)
Director

Web Key IT Pty Ltd
PO BOX 681 Wanneroo, WA 6946
M    0415 383 673   F   (08) 9325 6422

E      v.conway@webkeyit.com
W    www.webkeyit.com

This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely for the
named addressee. It is confidential and may be subject to legal professional
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact me
immediately by reply email, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies. This email is subject to copyright, no part of it should be
reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the prior written consent of the
copyright owner. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Web Key IT
Pty Ltd.