Re: Randomly choosing pages

Hi Vivienne, all,

On 2012-09-13, at 11:11 PM, Vivienne CONWAY <v.conway@ecu.edu.au> wrote:

> As we're giving some thought to the inclusion of randomly selected pages for part of the sample, I'm wondering how people propose the evaluator would generate the randomly chosen pages.
>
> Any thoughts?

I still feel the randomly selected number of pages needs to be as representative of the website as possible, in order for the audit to be as relevant as possible.

Randomly selected pages would therefore need to help reaching that global representativity.

We've already agreed in the past that it would be interesting to include as many pages as there are templates used in the site: the homepage (obviously), but also one template per section or subsection if applicable. Also, including such pages as the accessibility policy page, the contact page, the search results page, the site map page, etc. Among the general templates pages, at least one would need to present a data table and one would need to present a form (if any such content is available).

If randomly selected pages help achieve this goal, they would be very helpful. I think some sort of a guideline in choosing those pages, based on requirements the candidate pages would need to meet might be a good way to help evaluators come up with such pages to complete their sample.

/Denis