Re: use-cases and scenarios for conformance evaluation

As both a use case and a scenario, we (Usability/Accessibility Research
and Consulting) use a four-step process to evaluate a website.

1. Review page using only keyboard.
2. Review page with JAWS.
3. Review page with WCAG 2.0 Level AA protocol.
4. Review page with automatic evaluator (generally WAVE).

Working with the client, we identify and then review ten pages (more for
a very large or diverse website) that are representative of the
different content or formatting that is present. We will also review
processes (like check out on an e-commerce site) that are critical to
using the site successfully.

Hope this helps...

Mike Elledge
Associate Director
Usability/Accessibility Research and Consulting
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
517-353-8977