Re: possible accessibility evaluation reference - fyi

Hi Tim,

thanks for pointoing to the interesting document on conducting an
accessibility evaluation. Our methodology is probably closer to the
checklist evaluation than to the user-in-the-loop evaluation (but then,
the role of user testing has not been clarified yet). If we were to
follow the emphasis on task scenarios, a page sample based testing
approach would not fit very well. Having, as suggested in the paper,
8-10 task scenarios per system under test (SUT) each of which would
contain multiple pages or page states would quickly crank up the
page/state count to 50 and more.
Interesting is the prioritisation of tasks which would offer a way to
differentiate criticality and knock-out success criteria: if an
important SC is not met on a critical task, conformance cannot be
claimed. This would point to a matrix ov criticality of failure vs.
criticality of task (scenario).

Regards,
Detlev

Am 20.10.2011 16:23, schrieb Boland Jr, Frederick E.:
> Following is a link to a paper on “Conducting an Accessibility Evaluation”:
>
> http://accessibility.gtri.gatech.edu/aem/AEM1.html
>
> Although not related to websites per se, some of the generic details and
> steps of the approach used
>
> may be of interest/applicability to our work in website accessibility
> evaluation methodology..
>
> Thanks and best wishes
>
> Tim Boland NIST

Detlev Fischer PhD
DIAS GmbH - Daten, Informationssysteme und Analysen im Sozialen
Geschäftsführung: Thomas Lilienthal, Michael Zapp

Telefon: +49-40-43 18 75-25
Mobile: +49-157 7-170 73 84
Fax: +49-40-43 18 75-19
E-Mail: fischer@dias.de

Anschrift: Schulterblatt 36, D-20357 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 58 167
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Lilienthal, Michael Zapp