Proposal to produce two docs: overall methodology and hands-on method

Am 19.10.2011 17:38, schrieb Shadi Abou-Zahra:

> Please continue to discuss the proposed table of contents for the
> Methodology as it will be a starting point for upcoming drafts:
> - <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-evaltf/2011Oct/0086>

I have a general proposal for the methodology. The current TOC contains
many things that provide definition, rationale and context for the
methodology but are not needed on the hands-on level of testing
procedure, which starts around section 7 "Procedure to express the scope
of the evaluation" and then (in just one sub-point??), "9.3 Procedure
for evaluation".

My proposal would be to aim for two distinctly different documents:

1. The methodology (the logic/rationale for the method): Context,
rationale, references, definitions, etc
2. The hands-on testing method itself, i.e. the procedure(s) guiding the
actual evaluation process: from applicability of the method, to defining
the scope and page sample, to running through checkpoints reflecting all
the SC at the chosen conformance level, to generating the report or
conformance claims.

While (2) method  may be used as it stands, it could also be implemented
by different actors in an actual testing tool (a web application or a
spreadsheet) that facilitates the recording of SC ratings per page and
SC and any comments that need to be made. I believe the same happened
with UWEM and tools that complied to UWEM.

Regards,
Detlev

Detlev Fischer PhD
DIAS GmbH - Daten, Informationssysteme und Analysen im Sozialen
Geschäftsführung: Thomas Lilienthal, Michael Zapp

Telefon: +49-40-43 18 75-25
Mobile: +49-157 7-170 73 84
Fax: +49-40-43 18 75-19
E-Mail: fischer@dias.de

Anschrift: Schulterblatt 36, D-20357 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 58 167
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Lilienthal, Michael Zapp