Van: public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org [public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org] namens Léonie Watson [lwatson@nomensa.com]
Verzonden: dinsdag 11 oktober 2011 15:29
Aan: Shadi Abou-Zahra; Eval TF
Onderwerp: RE: [more] naming for "Methodology"

"- it does not include the word "accessibility" (though it is part of the acronym WCAG, which we would likely expand in the title anyway);"

        I don't think we need to mention "accessibility" elsewhere in the title. The methodology itself isn't about accessibility, but how to evaluate conformance with accessibility guidelines.

"- should it be "WCAG 2.0" versus "WCAG 2" (to cover all 2.x versions);"

        If WCAG 2.x is likely, we should make the methodology as responsive to that as possible.

"- should we use the term "assessing" versus "evaluation";"

        Evaluation would be more appropriate. Evaluation includes deeper analytical thinking, where as assessment is usually used where a lighter touch is required.

"- should we use the term "conformity" versus "conformance";"

        Linguistically I don't believe it makes much difference. In terms of ease of speaking/reading, conformance probably makes more sense.

"- the title does not lend itself to a catchy acronym."

        Is this really an issue? Surely the title should be determined based on accuracy and readability, not on whether it has a catchy acronym?

Regards,
Léonie.

--
Nomensa - humanising technology

Léonie Watson, Director of Accessibility & Web Development

tel: +44 (0)117 929 7333