Re: [Fwd: New version of the guide]

Dear Gabriele,

Thanks for your comments. Please, find our response below.

gabriele.bartolini@devise.it wrote:

> Rephrase one:
> =============
>
> "... is a language used to semantically represent information about
> resources in the World Wide Web"
>
> rather than "is a language for representing semantically".

I believe this is a matter of style. I will consult with a native
speaker, but I will prefer the existing wording.

> Rephrase two:
> =============
>
> "We want to highlight that the extensibility of RDF allows tool vendors or
> developers to add new functionalities to the vocabulary. Testers that do
> not understand these extensions can simply ignore them when processing
> third-party results."
>
> rather than: " ...  allows to tool vendors or developers the addition of
> new functionalities to the vocabulary, without losing any of the
> aforementioned characteristics, as other testers might ignore those
> extensions that they do not understand when processing third-party
> results."
>
> Reason: I think that having two sentences makes it easier to understand.

Text has been reworded.

> Rephrase three:
> ===============
>
> "Therefore, the evaluator can combine the separate reports into one bigger
> and more accurate report. The analysis of this aggregated document allows
> the evaluator to produce statistical reports and to assess where the Web
> site does not meet the requirements (e.g.: conforming to a particular law
> or a set of guidelines)."
>
> rather than: " ... the evaluator can combine the separate reports into one
> bigger report, query the results, and offer to her customer statistical
> reports and a detailed conformance claim that specifies where the Web site
> does not meet the required level.)."
>
> Reason: same as above. Splitting in two sentences makes it easier to
> understand.

We will simplify these sentences in the next working draft.

> Rephrase four:
> ==============
>
> "The evaluator can compare the outputs of different tools to increase the
> confidence level of the test results. It will also help to make more
> accurate assertions about a given resource when one of the tools is only
> able to give a warning on a particular problem and another can fill that
> gap through a more thorough, robust and reliable test."
>
> rather than: "Therefore, the evaluator can compare the results from
> different tools to increase the confidence level of the test results. It
> will also help to make assertions about a given resource, when one of the
> tools is only able to give a warning on a problem, but the other performs
> a thorough test that removes the aforementioned uncertainty."
>
> Reason: I just changed a few words.

We will change these sentences in the next working draft.

Thanks again,
carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco
  Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT