Versioning of EARL docs (was: Minor updates to requirements document)

Clarification: My comments were not directly about the requirements
document, but about versioning of our docs in general. I only stimbled
about it when reading the requirement doc's abstract.

Michael A Squillace schrieb:
>> EARL 1.0 Schema. Is it the schema document (the core) for the 1.0
>> version of EARL? Or the 1.0 version of EARL Schema?
> It's the version of the entire suite of vocabularies.

Hmm. What's the version then for the Schema document (the core of EARL)?

> The requirements
> document applies to the vocabulary, which we agreed was defined over
> multiple specs.

Yes, I don't object that.

>> Do we also want to version e.g. Content-in-RDF?
>> What if Content-in-RDF gets a new version number, say 1.1. Would that
>> make EARL the vocabulary version 1.1, even if EARL Schema is not changed?

> Good point. My own view is that all of the documents should be versioned

The schema document would then be titled

"EARL 1.0 Schema 1.0"? :-)

> and that, when one changes, the version of the suite changes. The suite is
> not defined entirely in terms of the core vocabulary (i.e. the schema) nor
> should the version be defined in that way.

Let's say, currently we have

"EARL 1.0 Schema" version 1.0
"Content-in-RDF" version 1.0
in summa: EARL (the vocabulary) 1.0

Now, only Content-in-RDF gets updated to version 1.1. Would that make
EARL (the vocabulary) also go to version 1.1? How then would the schema
document be titled? "EARL 1.1 Schema 1.0"?

--
Johannes Koch
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT