Re: Comment by Pete Johnston (dct:hasVersion)

Carlos A Velasco schrieb:
> Hi Johannes, all,
>
> My 0.02 € for today.
>
> On 27/11/09 15:26, Johannes Koch wrote:
>> Hi group,
>>
>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2009Nov/0000.html>
>>

>> Looks like Pete is right. Is there an existing vocabulary containing a
>> version number property that we can use?
>>
>> I found an article on XML.com about extending RSS
>> (<http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/07/23/extendingrss.html>), which
>> mentions a "release schema at eikster.com":
>>
>>> As it happens, there is at least one existing vocabulary designed to
>>> describe software releases. In fact, the release schema at eikster.com
>>> contains terms that directly correspond to our product and version
>>> called name and version. We can inherit their descriptions by making
>>> our properties subproperties of them.
>> with a link to <http://eikster.com/2003/release#>.
>>
>> Unfortunately I can't find anything about this vocabulary on the linked
>> server.
>
> This domain seems unreliable. I will not use anything linked to it.

As I didn't find anything related, I would not use anything.

>> DOAP has a literal <http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#revision> property
>> meaning "Revision identifier of a software release."
>>

> There are several things of DOAP that we could reuse for EARL. The
> revision property is linked to the http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#Version
> Class. Maybe we can create an earl#doap property that links to a DOAP
> description.

In DOAP it's like this:

The domain of doap:revision is doap:Version, which is in range of
doap:release.

So we could have the following triples:

<#foo> rdf:type earl:Software
<#foo> doap:release <#bar>
(<#bar> rdf:type doap:Version)
<#bar> doap:revision "1.0"

--
Johannes Koch
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT