Re: Comment by Pete Johnston (dct:hasVersion)

Hi Johannes, all,

My 0.02 € for today.

On 27/11/09 15:26, Johannes Koch wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2009Nov/0000.html>
>

> Looks like Pete is right. Is there an existing vocabulary containing a
> version number property that we can use?
>
> I found an article on XML.com about extending RSS
> (<http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/07/23/extendingrss.html>), which
> mentions a "release schema at eikster.com":
>
>> As it happens, there is at least one existing vocabulary designed to
>> describe software releases. In fact, the release schema at eikster.com
>> contains terms that directly correspond to our product and version
>> called name and version. We can inherit their descriptions by making
>> our properties subproperties of them.
>
> with a link to <http://eikster.com/2003/release#>.
>
> Unfortunately I can't find anything about this vocabulary on the linked
> server.

This domain seems unreliable. I will not use anything linked to it.

> DOAP has a literal <http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#revision> property
> meaning "Revision identifier of a software release."

There are several things of DOAP that we could reuse for EARL. The
revision property is linked to the http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#Version
Class. Maybe we can create an earl#doap property that links to a DOAP
description.

Alternatively, we could create our own earl#version, but that is too
limited IMHO.

regards,
carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco
  Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT