Re: ACTION-30: Updated EARL 1.0 Schema

Hi Shadi

Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:

> Hi Johannes,
>
> Johannes Koch wrote:
>>
>> Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:

>>> I thought we had come to this conclusion but I may be wrong.
>>
>> On the one hand, the range of earl:outcome makes clear that every
>> object in a triple with an earl:outcome predicate is of type
>> earl:Outcome. However, for clarity, I would make "#cannotTell" et al.
>> explicitly an earl:Outcome, as it is in the version CarlosV sent.
>
> I don't know what you mean.

In Carlos' current schema, we have:

<earl:Outcome rdf:ID="cannotTell">
</earl:Outcome>

which means

a resource of type earl:Outcome.

However each resource that is used as an object in a triple with
predicate earl:outcome is _by the range of the earl:outcome property_ of
type earl:Outcome. So it's not _necessary_ to give the predefined
outcomes a type earl:Outcome. So it might also be

<owl:Thing rdf:ID="cannotTell">
</owl:Thing>

or

<rdf:Description rdf:ID="cannotTell">
</rdf:Description>

But I think, that it's clearer to be explicit.

--
Johannes Koch
Web Compliance Center - Fraunhofer FIT