Re: Draft ERT WG Charter available for review

Hi Mike,

Michael A Squillace wrote:
> Couple of comments:
> 1. Timeline View Summary shows publication of EARL 1.0 as W3C rec in 2Q2010
> but table shows it as 1Q2010; I assume we want 2Q?

Thanks for catching this issue. I deliberately extended the timeline to
make sure that we can maintain it. Any thoughts on it otherwise?

> 2. Dependencies
> - I don't think we have a dependency on PF for WAI ARIA. After all, EARL is
> for reporting test results and if, for some reason, the PF's WAI ARIA spec
> is not complete or gets held up, this doesn't effect our ability to
> describe test results. It might effect the extent to which the evaluation
> tools we deliver or make available can evaluate compliance with WCAG2.0 but
> an effect on the *extent* of testing does not, I believe, effect our
> success criteria.
> - Not sure if we have dependency on Semantic Web Interest Group but
> certainly want to follow their best practices
> - I would add both WCAG and AUWG to dependency list due to availability of
> test suites

Yes, I'm actually checking if we could add a "liaisons" section as we
need to coordinate with several groups but don't really have explicit
dependencies. I will check on WCAG WG and AUWG for test suites.

Thanks,
   Shadi