RE: Summary of comment on Mobile OK Basic draft

> Hi,
>
> Carlos Iglesias wrote:

> >> (network-level error, DNS resolution error, non-HTTP response, or
> >> server returns an HTTP 4xx or 5xx status), the test
> outcome should be
> >> considered FAIL"
> >> instead a fail (e.g 5xx server errors).
> >>
> >> Why is 5xx is mentioned here?
> >
> > My understood of our discussion was that if you don't reach
> a resource
> > to test, then it should be a not tested.
> > 5xx are Server Errors in which the server is incapable of
> performing
> > the request.
>
> Unless there is a mobileOK provision that says something like
> "server errors must never occur", you can (and should)
> evaluate any *content* received from the server. I don't see
> any exceptions for error messages sent by the server (or the
> application either).
>
> Maybe we should clarify that in our comments to the MWI folks
> and ask them to specify more explicitly what should happen
> with error messages.

OK, I'd also like to know what the "under the right circumstances" means for the group in the following paragraph:

1.2 Applicability

The tests apply to a URI (or group of URIs). Passing the tests means that **under the right circumstances**, accessing that URI will retrieve content that conforms to the criteria defined, and that its delivery also conforms.[...]

Regards,
 CI.

Carlos Iglesias

CTIC Foundation