RE: Summary of comment on Mobile OK Basic draft

Hi,

> Johannes Koch wrote:
> >> A wider definition which discourages not valid href values
> in general
> >> would be desirable.
> >
> > Again: what is 'not valid'? According to XHTML (DTD validity), the
> > value of href attributes is just CDATA. According to the
> specification
> > prose it must be a URI. Do we propose to use only URI schemes
> > registered with IANA?
>
> OK, replace 'not valid' with 'misuse of'.
>
> The question for me is, what other forms of href misuse is
> there beyond 'javascript:' and '#'?

Any number of '#' for example.
Yes, I know, it's quite weird but it happens [1].

And I can't imagine how many "weird things" we could find out there, this is why I was in search of a "not valid"/"misuse" general definition although it may not be possible.

[1] - [http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&lr=&q=href%3D%22%23%23%23%22&btnG=Search]

Regards,
 CI.

Carlos Iglesias