Re: comment on section 2.6.1 of EARL Schema

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:20:32 +0200, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

> Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>>
>> I read at
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-EARL10-Schema-20070323/#outcomevalue
>> [[
>> (or subclasses of them)
>> ]]
>> (end of first para of section)
>>
>> This does not make sense: the values are not classes.

They are defined as owl:Things - as I understood OWL, that makes them rdfs:classes, and therefore amenable to being subclassed. This was certainly the intention, to allow precisely the kind of use case you outlined (the details of the use case I had were to describe fail in terms of more or less complete failure to do something, or a partial attempt that still failed to meet the requirement).

Being able to add human-readable text is nice, but adding it as a label for a new value is much more extensibility-friendly than adding it as messages to "refine" the meaning of a standard result.

If I have misunderstood how owl:Thing works, is there a simple way to change the Schema that would achieve the goal?

cheers

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9.1     http://opera.com