Re: WCAG 2.0 Conformance Claims

Hi Carlos,

Carlos Iglesias wrote:

> <blockqoute>
> Scoping of conformance claims.
> Conformance claims can be limited, or "scoped," to apply to only some
> parts of a Web site. Scoping by URI to exclude sections of a site is
> allowed so that authors can make claims for just some parts of a site.
> Example 3 above is a scoped conformance claim.
> Example 3: On 21 June 2007, http://example.com/nav and
> http://example.com/docs conform to W3C's WCAG 2.0, Conformance Triple-A.
> </blockqoute>
>
> Apparently they are referring to a whole directory just by the base URI
> (they talk about parts, not documents or Web units) i.e. applying the
> "Directory" Scope concept.

May the force be with them! And what happens when a delivery unit (just
resisting to use Web unit for the moment) has a CSS like
http://example.com/css/example.css? It is in scope or not?

And what about a CGI script in http://www.example.com/cgi? Belongs or not?

> It could be very interesting if somebody from the WCAG WG could clarify
> whether it was the intention of the examples or not.

Although I am also interested, I still think conformance claims are
something for which EARL might be used as support information, but not
as the claim itself or, like a blanket statement.

> And also (from the same location):
>
> <blockqoute>
> Conformance claims apply to Web units, and sets of Web units.
> </blockqoute>
>
> And the "Web Unit" definition [1]
>
> <blockqoute>
> A collection of information, consisting of one or more resources,
> intended to be rendered together, and identified by a single Uniform
> Resource Identifier (such as URLs)
> Example 2: A Web page including all embedded images and media.
> </blockqoute>
>
> This seems to be the same concept I was naming as the "WebPage" Scope
> [2]

In fact, it is a bastard son of a delivery unit.

regards,
carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco - http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT