Re: [ACTION] Warnings in EARL

I agree with you both that the mobileOK document defines a WARN as being
a result. However, we discussed this very thing in the MWBP WG a couple
of weeks ago. As far as i know, a definitive resolution was not taken
but the group does appear to be leaning towards the idea that a WARN is
not a result but additional information attached to a result. Hopefully
this will be cleared up in the next revision of the mobileOK document.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2006Nov/0128.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2006Nov/0129.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2006Nov/0132.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2006Nov/0138.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2006Nov/0139.html

And, for the record, i like Carlos' solution. It is simple, effective
and provides (in IMO) a much needed WARNING class.  I am opposed to us
(i.e. ERT WG) going down the subclassing route as i do not believe there
is a fully definable set of subclasses that need to be implemented,  and
with Carlos' solution i do not see a need for subclassing of results.

I can not envision a scenario where a warning (or at least, a useful
warning) is anything but plain text. What is the point of issuing a
warning without an explanation?

Regards,
David.