Re: Institution as an Assertor

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:55:01 +0200, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:

> "Carlos Iglesias" <carlos.iglesias@fundacionctic.org>
>>> I agree, ... foaf:Agent was the solution
>>
>> The problem I see is that the status of foaf:Agent is declared as
>> unstable
>
> We need to put more pressure on the FOAF folk to update their
> unstable/testing etc.

I agree. (after I send this I will go put some direct pressure on, since
the relevant person is in the next room)

foaf:Agent is, I think, pretty stable in practice - that is the use
pattern is sufficiently common that changing it would be a bad idea, and
sufficiently interoperable that it is usable as is.

>> ...What about dc:creator and dc:contributor?
>
> These suffer the same problems...
>
> So that's my problem with dc properties, they're only any use for
> showing to a user, they're not any use for processing.

Again, I agree.

cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                      chaals@opera.com
         Web dreams are free:   http://www.opera.com/download