Re: ERT Action Item: Use Case Scenarios for EARL

Hi,

The idea is not to create a new logo but rather to provide a mechanism
to supplement the logo with an EARL report of what has been tested.
Browsers or search engines could then also process this information.

Of course, like the logos, these EARL reports may be outdated, over
claimed, or simply false (policing their proper usage is a different
issue and out of scope for this WG). However, EARL reports would provide
more credibility and granularity than the logos (e.g. "I've tested these
checkpoints, therefore I claim Level-? conformance" or "Except for these
? checkpoints, I have passed all other checkpoints for conformance
Level-?" etc).

We would need to work out a bunch of details of how to bind EARL reports
to the Web pages but that shouldn't be too difficult (we can pick out a
few ideas from RSS for example).

What do people think of the overall idea?

Regards,
  Shadi