RE: updated ISO Schematron and how-to doc

Hi Carlos,

At 12:56 4/07/2008, Carlos Iglesias wrote:
>Hi Christophe,
>
> > De: public-wai-ert-tsdtf-request@w3.org [mailto:public-wai-ert-tsdtf-
> > request@w3.org] En nombre de Christophe Strobbe
> >
> > I have updated the ISO Schematron at
> > <http://www.bentoweb.org/refs/TCDL2.0/tcdl2.0.tsdtf.sch> and the
> > how-to doc at
> > <http://www.bentoweb.org/refs/TCDL2.0/tsdtf_schematron.html>.
> > The how-to document now also explains how to get validation reports
> > in plain text instead of SVRL and how you can use the ISO Schematron
> > in the oXygen XML editor and in the Castle Designs Schematron Plug-in
> > for Eclipse. Unfortunately, the last two options require the addition
> > of XML processing instructions to the TCLD documents if you want to
> > perform repeated validations  (or batch validations); moreover, the
> > processing instructions for oXygen and the Eclipse plug-in are different.
>
>Thank you for your work on this. It's being really valuable.
>
>I'm just wondering if there is any information
>available about what are exactly the ISO
>Schematron validation. That would be helpful to
>get an idea of to what extent it covers the structure review process.

I agree this would be useful. Here's a quick overview:

* Contact Information (available in Wiki)
   - Name and e-mail address of the submitter are available (required);
   - Organization on whose behalf the test sample was submitted (optional);

   These need to be checked in the "Submitter" column in
   <http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/TestSampleStatusList>

* General Checks (applicable to files in both
metadata folder and testfiles folder)
   - All the submitted files follow the naming
convention and directory structure;
   Manual check.

   - All the files include correct links unless
otherwise required by the test;
   Manual check. (See also 'What is the definition of a "correct link"?' at
   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Apr/0007.html>.)

   - All the files include correct spelling
unless otherwise required by the test;
   Manual check. (See also 'What is the definition of "correct spelling"?' at
   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Apr/0007.html>.)

* Checks for Test Files (applicable to files in testfiles folder)
   - All the files that are necessary to execute
the test procedure have been submitted;
   Manual check.

   - All the files include valid markup unless otherwise required by the test;
   Manual check: purpose of test case.
   Validation with e.g. <http://validator.w3.org/> or
   <http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/>
   (More suggestions at
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20080430/G134.html> ;-)  )

* Checks for Metadata (applicable to files in metadata folder)
   - The metadata files are valid TCDL 2.0;
   Validation with any parser or editor that supports XML Schemas
   or with Validome's XML Validator:
   <http://www.validome.org/xml/>
   (More suggestions at
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20080430/G134.html> ;-)  )

   - The metadata files use only elements and
attributes specified in the Metadata Vocabulary;
   ISO Schematron

   - All the dates and other integer or literal
values have the correct format (as specified in the Metadata Vocabulary);
   ISO Schematron checks:
     - that the date format is consistent with the CSV date command,
     - that the version format is consistent with the CSV revision command,
     - that the language in dc:language is English (en).

   - All static values (especially copyright
notices) are included and accurate;
   ISO Schematron does not check copyright and
creator (it's not clear how this can be done with just XPath 1.0).

   - All titles, descriptions, and other required
fields are included and accurate;
   Manual check.

   - All identifiers (especially ID for
techniques and rules) are used correctly;
   ISO Schematron checks:
     - that the the first technique in rule/locations/location/@techrefs has a
       corresponding technique in
       rule/techniques/technique

   - All structures such as rules, techniques, or pointers are used correctly;
   ISO Schematron checks:
     - that the there is only one rule element,
     - that location pointers are provided as EARL pointers,
     - that namespace prefixes in XPath
expressions are resolved in the namespaceMappings element,
     - that XPath expression don't use empty name space prefixes.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe