Re: updated "usage document", please review

Hi,

Quoting Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>:

> Hi,
>
> cstrobbe wrote:
> > Referencing more than one test file from TCDL is not a problem
> (<file>
> > is repeatable).
>
> Yes, but something like "sc1.1.1_l1_001.html" is not repeatable. Are
>
> there cases in which more than one content file (of the same
> technology,
> I don't mean auxiliary resources) is required?

Yes, for example for success criteria that refer to a "set of Web
units":
- 2.4.2 More than one way is available to locate content within a set
of Web units where content is not the result of, or a step in, a
process or task.
- 2.4.7 Information about the user's location within a set of Web units
is available.
- 3.2.3 Navigational mechanisms that are repeated on multiple Web units
within a set of Web units or other primary resources occur in the same
relative order each time they are repeated, unless a change is
initiated by the user.
- 3.2.4 Components that have the same functionality within a set of Web
units are identified consistently.

I thought I had described how to name content files when you need more
than one (I found it: [2] [3]).
<quote>
Finally, if more than one test file is necessary for the same test
case, we add an additional _001, _002, etc to the test file names
(before the file name extension).
</quote>

> > The reuse-versus-duplication issue raised by Vangelis is
> > something else. In this original mail [1] he proposed to use
> > a naming convention
> > based on IDs of techniques instead of SC numbers.
> > That could work, but it would work better
> > if we used the "Techniques for WCAG 2.0" as
> > "rules" instead of the success criteria
> > - something that Shadi suggested earlier.
>
> Can you confirm that the reuse-versus-duplication issue wouldn't
> also come up with the techniques approach?

I don't know for sure; at the moment I assume it is much less likely.
Do we need to solve this now, or can we go ahead and solve the problem
if (when?) it occurs?

Best regards,

Christophe

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2006Sep/