agenda+ Re: Draft material for usability testing

Additional question for Charlotte: What level of info for the UT? e.g., on specific resources? or only on nav, general design, type stuff?

On 9/5/2017 3:07 PM, Shawn Henry wrote:
> Hi Charlotte and all,
>
> We have a few questions and issues related to draft material for usability testing (UT). We plan to have the navigation and resource titles done, but most of the revised content probably will not be finalized and approved by EOWG before UT. I'm assuming that the site for usability testing will not be public, and so we don't need to be as concerned with unapproved material being included. I wanted to confirm that, and also make sure we cover related issues.
>
> Is it correct that the only people who will see the content used in UT are the test participants and the people who prepare and participate in the test (e.g., observers)?
>
> We will want to mark unapproved content as draft, yet in a way that won't interfere with UT. If it was to be public, we would have big notice at the top. I think we don't want that. I think clear indication in the document footer area is enough. Let us know if you have any thoughts on this.

Brent helped me realize the site for UT will probably have to be public for UT. Right now I'm thinking that before and after the UT we'll have big banner at top saying draft - and move that to the bottom during UT. Can we check in on that briefly in today's meeting?

Thanks,
~Shawn