Re: Accessibility evaluation for "after" template page

Hi Shadi,
no problem ;-))

checkpoint 1.1
- images like bear, violin and brain are only in CSS background; if a
user has CSS disabled there's no way to see them. There are no "alt"
attributes for these images.

Maybe we could put these images in normal HTML with "alt".

checkpoint 6.1
- same problems, like above, about content images.

checkpoint 13.1
- target links about "Killer Bees" and "Onions" are not clear.
"Link text should be meaningful enough to make sense when read out of
context -- either on its own or as part of a sequence of links."
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/wai-pageauth.html#gl-facilitate-navigation

"Slow traffic safe street leaflet" is not a Web site, like it's
supposed to be in the text: "Please see the following websites for
important information. Citylights take no responsibility for their
content. For artichoke advice, call the number below."

Maybe we could write "The Killer Bees Web site", "The Onions Web
site" and "Slow traffic safe street leaflet on the ...... Web site"

checkpoint 13.2
- there are no metadata to add semantic information.
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/wai-pageauth.html#gl-facilitate-navigation

Maybe we could use RDF to indicate the document's author, the type of
content, etc. and/or HTML LINK element and "rel" or "rev" attributes.

checkpoint 13.3
- there is no map o table of content
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/wai-pageauth.html#gl-facilitate-navigation

There are to much links to the same internal pages (quick menu,
navigation bar, and links in the central content).
But maybe this is subjective perception ;-)

regards
ciao

~ pasquale