WAI site note [was: Re: [WAI CC] WAI Coordination Call, Agenda, January 26, 2pm EST, 19:00 UTC]

Hi Janina,

Thanks for the quick comments.

On 26-Jan-22 10:07 AM, Janina Sajka wrote:
> 1.) The link "Standards/Guidelines" at https://www.w3.org/wai is 404
> for me;

I'm not able to replicate.

Was that recently? The site was down for a bit a while ago.

If it's still doing it, can you give me more info?

> 2.) With the new layout on the WAI home page it's no longer clear to
> me how to find Working Groups, Task Forces, Etc;

Indeed, the redesign purposely focused on resources and moved info on Working Groups (WG), Task Forces (TF), etc. lower in the information architecture.

The primary source for information on info on Working Groups, Task Forces, etc. is now:
 About W3C Groups
 https://www.w3.org/groups/

We have a plan to delete the redundant info from the old WAI WG and TF pages, and point to the W3C database -- but that project is on back burner because of higher priorities.

You can still get to the old WAI WG and TF pages from any page on the WAI website. In the top header -- after the logos and tagline, and before the search -- the link "About W3C WAI" is the simplest route. "Get Involved"->Participating in WAI  works, too.

> 3.) APA is expecting to publish SAUR during February, though we may
> decide on a second wide review draft before going to a final Note
> publication. We will be inviting Timed-Text to publish jointly with us,
> and we are contemplating proposing SAUR for advancement to W3C Statement
> status once the Note is complete.

Cool!

I guess Josh will update https://www.w3.org/WAI/cc/wiki/WAI_Announcement_Drafts#Planning_Upcoming_Announcements :-)

Best,