Re: WAI glossary start

The current respec strategy is to export definitions from the specs which really should own the definitions and remove from all other places. ARIA is currently doing the following - this is in PR Editorial: remove conflicting exports by marcoscaceres · Pull Request #1510 · w3c/aria (github.com)<https://github.com/w3c/aria/pull/1510> :

  *   moving all definitions from the common central location to the relevant specs (most in ARIA and a couple in ACCNAME and COREAAM)
  *   Removes definitions for things that didn't need to be defined or things that sere not used (examples below):
     *   Class (remove references to this)
     *   Informative (remove references to this)
     *   Primary Content Element (was not used)
     *   Normative (remove references to this)
     *   Root WAI-ARIA Node (was not used)
     *   Sub-document (was not used)
     *   Taxonomy (was not used)
     *   Text Node (was only used in definition of Node)
     *   Understandable (was not used)
     *   Valid IDREF (does not need to be defined - remove references to it)
  *   Removes definitons for things which should have been defined elsewhere and uses those definitions instead:
     *   Attribute (refer instead to [=attribute=] concept)
     *   DOMString (allow to reference WebIDL)
     *   Element (refer to [=element=] concept
     *   Node (remove reference or reference [=nodes=] concept if a DOM node)
     *   User Agent (refer to [=user agent=] concept

I would encourage this work to be done in consultation with Marcos as he will have opinions on the best way to make this type of thing work with the tooling.

If folks don't know w3c manual of style - Bing (respec.org)<https://respec.org/xref/> can be used to look up any definition that has been exported from other specs and tells you how to refer to that definition in a respec document.
Search cross references - ReSpec<https://respec.org/xref/>
Search for a term... Specification Spec id Type How to Cite? Data from WebRef.. Last updated: .....
respec.org
Regards,
James