Re: WAI glossary start

Hi Michael, Janina,

I made some suggested changes to the WAI glossary Doc that should make
it more navigable.

1.  I made Next Steps and Term List Heading 2 and selected the Term
column and made the terms all Heading 3 to make a good table of contents
(click the paper icon at the top left to show/hide the table of
contents). I changed the size of heading 3 so the terms stay the same
size in the table.

2. There were a whole bunch of extra tabs in front of many of the first
words in the first column of the table – the Term column. I did a search
and replace to remove these.

3. I also put the list of WAI documents that the glossary terms came
from in alphabetical order and changed the description to reflect how
the terms appear – the ACT rules first, then the other lists mixed
together alphabetically.

I also took a look at the HTML version – it looks like the sort is
different. This might be causing some confusion as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kim

On 11/8/2021 1:08 PM, Michael Cooper wrote:

> HTML version is at https://www.w3.org/2021/09/draft-wai-glossary
>
> Michael
>
> On 04/11/2021 2:30 p.m., Janina Sajka wrote:
>> I'm attempting to review your initial WAI-Wide Glossary Google Doc and
>> note you mention an HTML version.
>>
>> Since I'm having trouble navigating in this doc--even after downloading
>> it into Word--I'd like to try the HTML version, but I'm not seeing the
>> URL. Can you please provide?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Janina
>>
>> Michael Cooper writes:
>>> I have an action in WAI-CC to get a start on a WAI-wide Glossary. I've
>>> compiled glossaries from all the WAI documents I knew about and sorted them
>>> to allow comparison of terms, with indication of each term's source. The
>>> result is, for now, at:
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MDW5ja90OVuCSbirmOLfKcnHdgEKOUvqFy5icPwGsdY/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> There is additional information and suggested next steps at the top of the
>>> document. I think this is ready for review at an upcoming WAI-CC meeting.
>>>
>>> As far as a tool in which to host the glossary, I don't yet have a proposal.
>>> The respec data-export feature and the webref database looked like a central
>>> W3C glossary emerging, but the documentation is clear it's only for "browser
>>> specs". But I'm sure we'll be able to sort that side without too much
>>> difficulty.
>>>
>>> Michael

Kimberly Patch
(617) 325-3966