Re: WAI social image template (including for WCAG 3) and icons

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 20:03:22 -0500
To: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Cc: public-wai-cc@w3.org
Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for the feedback!

We designed these icons to work when very small, e.g., the size of the icons in the headings at https://www.w3.org/WAI/media/av/planning/#-audio-only-checklists At small size, adding shading and 3D look while being clear would be very difficult if even do-able. We originally were going to have slightly different icons for different sizes -- e.g., with different thickness of lines --  then decided it would be much simpler to have just one set that worked at multiple sizes.

Thanks you for checking contrast with proposed new algorithm. I guess that will depend a lot on size,. Note that we plan to provide them in multiple colors: black-white, white-#003366, white-#005A6A, and #eed009-#005A9C

Best,
~Shawn