Re: WAI social image template (including for WCAG 3) and icons

Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for the feedback!

We designed these icons to work when very small, e.g., the size of the icons in the headings at https://www.w3.org/WAI/media/av/planning/#-audio-only-checklists At small size, adding shading and 3D look while being clear would be very difficult if even do-able. We originally were going to have slightly different icons for different sizes -- e.g., with different thickness of lines --  then decided it would be much simpler to have just one set that worked at multiple sizes.

Thanks you for checking contrast with proposed new algorithm. I guess that will depend a lot on size,. Note that we plan to provide them in multiple colors: black-white, white-#003366, white-#005A6A, and #eed009-#005A9C

Best,
~Shawn