From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Sent: 08 December 2020 23:11
To: W3C Process CG <public-w3process@w3.org>
Subject: Agenda for the Process Call Wednesday 9 Dec 7am PDT

Webex at <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/internal-w3process/2019May/0000.html>

IRC is #w3process

Log of prior meeting at <https://www.w3.org/2020/10/07-w3process-minutes.html>

Usual meeting time: SECOND and FOURTH WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH AT 7AM PACIFIC.

Overall purpose: getting back up to speed just before we lose momentum for the year-end holidays. :-)

1) Assign scribe, etc.,

2) Agenda bash.

4) Issues and PRs tagged agenda+.  Yes/No, take discussion to Github, please.

4.1) Elevating a TAG document to W3C Approved Status  <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/461>

Actual proposals are in the AB report starting with <https://github.com/w3c/AB-memberonly/issues/35#issuecomment-722566134>

decision: pursue this or adjust (PR needed)?

4.2) Maturity Level is a weird term <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/455>

Previous call (not logged here due to chairing ineptitude) suggested changing to this “Maturity stage” (“stage” when in informal contexts). Go ahead?

4.3) Consolidate discipline-related text <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/432>
       Consolidate discipline-related elements <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/418>
       Suspension / Removal for cause <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/312>

Decision: accept this PR and close the issues?

4.4) Do we need a lighter-weight process for superseding when it's "obvious”? <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/324>

Was a candidate to close in the last meeting — Close with no action?

As time permits,

5) Review of the Process2021 Milestone <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/milestone/6>

5.1) Charter Rveiew

I think

7.1.1 Charter reviews on a public communication channel? #38 <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/38>
Updates to sections 5.2.2 and 2.1.3.1 #63 <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/63>

need a proposed pull request. Volunteers?

5.3) The rest

There are a number of thorny issues in there that are not converging and yet are marked as a priority for this milestone.

On Registries, we have dual alternative texts. I’d like to get us on a path to resolving this, please. Diff here <https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2Fregistries&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2Fregistries-on-rec-track#registries>

The usual closers:

6) Next meeting. 23rd Dec, I think. Viable?

7) Any other business.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, use, store or copy the information contained herein. This is an email from 51Degrees.mobi Limited, 9 Greyfriars Road, Reading. RG1 1NU. T: +44 118 328 7152; E: info@51degrees.com; 51Degrees.mobi Limited t/as 51Degrees.