Re: Agenda for the Process Call Wednesday 9 Dec 7am PDT

Likely regrets (to do with it being 2am on the wrong day. Because sadly,
there are right days for meeting then).

On Wed, 09 Dec 2020 10:10:38 +1100, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> 4.1) Elevating a TAG document to W3C Approved Status
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/461>
>
> Actual proposals are in the AB report starting with
> <https://github.com/w3c/AB-memberonly/issues/35#issuecomment-722566134>
>
> decision: pursue this or adjust (PR needed)?

I believe we're not ready for a PR as it isn't clear there is agreement on
what to do, but I commented in the issue (and in #49 which is related in
my view).

> 4.3) Consolidate discipline-related text
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/432>
>        Consolidate discipline-related elements
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/418>
>        Suspension / Removal for cause
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/312>
>
> Decision: accept this PR and close the issues?

I prefer the modification suggested by Wendy, but either way I support
merging the PR and closing the issues.

> 4.4) Do we need a lighter-weight process for superseding when it's
> "obvious”? <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/324>
>
> Was a candidate to close in the last meeting — Close with no action?

Close with no action.

> 5.1) Charter Rveiew
>
> I think
>
> 7.1.1 Charter reviews on a public communication channel? #38
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/38>
> Updates to sections 5.2.2 and 2.1.3.1 #63
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/63>
>
> need a proposed pull request. Volunteers?

I maintain my objection to changing the process so charter reviews are a
public exercise. I will happily make a Pull Request that would *prohibit*
the Team from adding options that encourage that to happen, but my
preferred outcome is the Team stop doing that by default and we close this
with no action.

> 6) Next meeting. 23rd Dec, I think. Viable?

Not for me.

Charles "chaals" Nevile
ConsenSys Lead Standards Architect