Re: Followup to "Supergroups" message to AC Forum

On 6/21/2016 10:56 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> On 21/06/2016 16:04, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
>
>> Yes testing is in the hands of the Membership.  That suggests to me that
>> we should get ahead of the game with early discussions with key
>> companies to get testing commitments.
> We spent the last 15 years trying that, it never worked. From time
> to time, we're lucky and our tests needs match the strategy of one
> given vendor. But in the general case, no luck. Years of delay for
> a spec _only_ because nobody (even the spec editor) wants to contribute
> tests is just another day at the office for us.
>
> I respectfully suggest this method is not productive enough and we
> need another strategy.

I'm happy to entertain new strategies to demonstrate two interoperable
implementations.  Here are some choices (most of whom we've tried
already at some level).

  * Encourage open source contributions (e.g. TTWF)
  * Test frameworks
  * Vendors providing their tests
  * Funding set aside for testing
  * Rely to some extent on interoperability being demonstrated in the
    marketplace