Re: Followup to "Supergroups" message to AC Forum

On 21/06/2016 16:04, Jeff Jaffe wrote:

> Yes testing is in the hands of the Membership.  That suggests to me that
> we should get ahead of the game with early discussions with key
> companies to get testing commitments.

We spent the last 15 years trying that, it never worked. From time
to time, we're lucky and our tests needs match the strategy of one
given vendor. But in the general case, no luck. Years of delay for
a spec _only_ because nobody (even the spec editor) wants to contribute
tests is just another day at the office for us.

I respectfully suggest this method is not productive enough and we
need another strategy.

</Daniel>