Re: warnings on outdated specs/docs

Yes please.
The URLs to latest spec of a document are available from any document,
so an observant person would notice if that URL does not match the URL
of "this document".
But that is not explicit enough in my opinion.
Ideally, every document should have a clear publication date in its
introduction.
All documents that are not the latest version should have a warning
along the lines of
"This is not the latest version of this document, the latest version
can be found at x" .. where x is the URL.
It would add another task to the process of publishing an updated
document, but it should only take a couple of seconds.