Re: adding appeal already approved for unfinished specs to the list in the Process

No dispute from me that this list, if it appears to claim completeness, it ought to be complete.

We might *also* take the chance to look at the table I made and make sure that it is for everything else, as well.

And thirdly, we might check that appeals are always described correctly (notably, sometimes it says an AC Rep may appeal, and sometimes that the AC may appeal, but I think the latter is meant to be the former).

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 10:00 , Wayne Carr <wayne.carr@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> It may be simpler to deal with this one if it is separated from the other appeal related wording change.
>
> *** This is not asking for a new appeal.  This appeal is already approved.  It is asking to add it to the list in the Process document to reflect the actual list of what can be appealed.  ***
>
> W3C (AC and Director) approved a new licensing policy for relicensing unfinished specifications on 5 December 2014.
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2014OctDec/0049.html
>
> That new licensing policy appears in W3C's licensing policies page: "See also the policy for relicensing unfinished W3C specifications"
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/ipr-notice-20021231
>
> That approved policy includes an appeal of the Director's decision that follows the AC Review of the request.
> http://www.w3.org/2014/12/relicense.html#decision
>
> So, there is an appeal of a Director's decision after an AC Review that is not in the list in the Process Document (because it was just approved last December).  Putting it in the list does not create a new appeal.  It already exists.  Putting it in the list makes the list reflect the reality of what can be appealed.   It is an update to reflect what W3C has already approved.
> http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#ACAppeal
>
> Here is the current list from the Process:
> [[
> When Advisory Committee review immediately precedes a decision, Advisory Committee representatives MAY only appeal when there is dissent. These decisions are:
>  • Publication of a Recommendation or Publication of a Rescinded Recommendation,
>  • Activity creation, modification, or extension,
>  • Working or Interest Group creation or extension,
>  • Changes to the W3C process.
> ]]
>
> Here it is with the addition of Relicensing Unfinished Specifications
> [[
> When Advisory Committee review immediately precedes a decision, Advisory Committee representatives MAY only appeal when there is dissent. These decisions are:
>
>  • Publication of a Recommendation or Publication of a Rescinded Recommendation,
>  • Activity creation, modification, or extension,
>  • Working or Interest Group creation or extension,
>  • Relicensing Unfinished Specifications
>  • Changes to the W3C process.
> ]]

David Singer