Re: ISSUE-133 - TAG role / makeup

On 3/10/15 1:57 AM, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:
> <https://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/133>
>
> We have made a change to this in the draft Process 2015, loosening the constraint for people who are hired by a company that already has a member.
>
> I propose a rather more substantial set of changes:
>
> - TAG has 12 members, including TimBL, 3 nominated by the Director, 9 elected by the membership.
> - The chair(s) must be chosen from among TAG members, by the Director.
> - The TAG are elected by "Schulze-STV" (rather than the current system), 4 or 5 per year like the AB.
> - Any number of employees of a member can be nominated, however only the one who is most preferred can take a seat. The others will be eliminated with the seats going to the next-most preferred candidate(s).
> - A W3C member who employs a member of the TAG *must not* nominate another person for election.
> - TAG members participate as representatives of their employer, for Patent Policy purposes. The Process already says this, but the current TAG charter which cannot override Process gives a different impression - this is affirming that the charter should be changed.

These changes, including the clarifications that resulted from DavidB's
comments [1], seem like good steps to me.

I could also live with the change Peter proposes in [2] (`who` actually
nominates a candidate seems <<< important than the quality of the
candidates i.e. I support less restrictions in the nomination step).

(I still think the benefits of using the WG structure for the scope of
`Web architecture` outweigh the overhead of creating a one-off group
with special process handling in the PD. But, I'll save that for another
day ;-).)

-Thanks, AB

[1]
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-w3process/2015Mar/0030.html>