Re: Charter / Process failure - Was: Re: FPWD: Discovery & Registration of Multimodal Modality Components: State Handling

On 2015-07-07 06:06, timeless wrote:
> I reviewed [1] a recent document [2] was published under Process 2005 [3].
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Notifier <notifier@aries.w3.org> wrote:
>> Publication as a First Public Working Draft does not imply endorsement by the W3C Membership. This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite this document as other than work in progress.
>> This document is governed by the 14 October 2005 W3C Process Document.
> I'm troubled by this. The MMI Charter [4] is apparently* from 2015
> [5], and it points to the general Process [6] not Process 2005 [3].
>
> I have a few asks:
> 1. Can we ask that Charters include a `Start Date` along with an `End Date`?

I've asked for this too.  It can be very difficult to figure out how
long a Charter was in effect.  There should be a start date, the
original expiration date and an extension date if it is extended beyond
the initial expiration.

Currently, to try to find that you have to hunt through text for links
and it isn't always possible.  It should be clear in the header how long
it has been since the AC and Director Review of the Charter.

> 2. Can the Start/End Date section also include a `Previous Charter`
> link? -- currently it's buried in Charter Prose.

+1