Re: Charter / Process failure - Was: Re: FPWD: Discovery & Registration of Multimodal Modality Components: State Handling

On 07/07/2015 09:06 AM, timeless wrote:
> 3. Can the notifier/team somewhat actively police WGs trying to
> publish their first FPWD of their current charter after the new
> Process has been established? (Especially for groups [like MMI] that
> don't explicitly say they plan to operate under the old charter).

This would be the job of the publishing system, not the notifier. The
new publication system, Echidna, does check that the Process used is
2014 and doesn't accept 2005 documents. Unfortunately, there is no plan
to upgrade the old system, ie the one that covers the 2005 process. We
have a long list of TODOs at the moment and many would be higher than
this to be honest. It's an unfortunate loophole.

> 4. Can we ask that Charters be Public? (And if there are any other non
> Public charters, can they please be fixed...)

Charters and proposed charters are public per [1] and this has been the
case for a while now. I don't believe we made that retroactive however.
If you found a recent charter that wasn't public then it was a bug on
our part.

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/Guide/Charter.html